BPE PB & H xi Series UPS is an advanced true On-line Uninterrupted Power System which produces reliable and pure sine wave power to user’s equipment, ranging from computers, sensitive medical instruments, and telecommunication systems to industrial equipment. The On-Line design enables the system to adjust & filter power fluctuations continuously & automatically under power normal condition. During power failure, it can provide immediate back up power from the batteries without any interruption. Once the power is restored the system shall again work on mains & will charge the batteries.
IGBT & PWM technology:
BPE PB & HX I series UPS used latest generation of IGBT (insulated gate bipolar transistor) in the inverter part of UPS along with PWM (Pulse width modulation) to achive maximum operational efficiency.
2. Safety Instruction:
- This manual contains important safety instructions which must be strictly followed during installation & maintenance.
- The UPS contains voltages which are potentially hazardous. Please contact our offices or qualified personnel for any services.
- The UPS has its own internal energy source. The output receptacles may contain electricity even when UPS is disconnected to the utility power.
- Ground wire must be connected at the input at the time of installation.
- UPS should be connected with single phase input 220v 3 wire phase. Neutral and earth and respective points marks LNE.
- Batteries must be replaced or maintained by qualified personnel.
- Replacement of batteries must be subject to quantity the types of original specifications.
- To avoid explosion, keep fire or heating resources away from battery or battery pack.
- Do not disassemble or damage the batteries. The electrolytic efficient is poisonous and harmful especially to eyes and skin.
- The batteries contain high voltage and current with great risk.
- Do not short circuit the battery terminals.
3 A. Front Panel Diagram
3 B. Rear Panel Diagram
4.Installation & Operation
Unpacking & Inspection:
Examine the packing carton. Notify the carrier immediately, if damage is present. Retain the package for future use.
Connect the input power to a MCB of recommended capacity of distribution box. Charge the batteries for 8 hours before use. The UPS will recharge the batteries automatically whenever its power card is plugged into a wall outlet. You may use the UPS immediately without recharging but the backup time may be less than the rating. Connect the output load to the UPS. It is mandatory to connect ground point to avoid any malfunctioning of UPS.
Ensure that the installation procedures and metering, controls, indications as specified, are followed and the battery of rated voltage is connected to the system.
To Start The Chargers:
Make the charger On/OFF switch ON. The Charger ON LED will Glow.
To Start The Inverter:
- Press the reset switch to remove any spurious indication, press reset switch to reset the system. Then press start switch “INVERTER ON LED” will glow and output AC voltage can be seen on the meter. After about 10 sec, “LOAD On INVERTER LED” will glow. Check the output voltage as required on meter.
- Connect the load at output of the system and ensure its satisfactory working.
- The inverter may trip in following conditions.
- a. Overload
- b. Low battery
However, if so happens the respective LED will indicate the cause of tripping. After removal of the respective cause, inverter can be started again by pressing start switch. Press reset switch to extinguish the particular LED.
To connect the battery:
- Stop the inverter. Then put off the charger and immediately SWITCH ON the battery isolator (back side of UPS). Now put the charger ON.
- If the battery is discharges, the charger will start charging battery automatically. In case the battery is charged, charger will remain on in float mode.
It is always advisable to keep the charger throughout ON, for effective monitoring of the batteries. This keep the batteries in charges conditions always and provide the backup at the time of mains failure, The inverter may be switched OFF when not required, but the charger should always be kept ON.